Welcome to the MovieViral Forum!

By registering, you'll be able to join the discussion and share your thoughts, discoveries, and more!

This space is still being developed and continued updates are expected. Please pardon any interruption.

Intro & welcome!

Nick

Writer & Creator
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hi there!

My name's Nick and I helped create MovieViral back in 2009 after falling in love with ARGs/unfiction while following Cloverfield's viral marketing campaign. I recently reacquired MovieViral and I'm really excited to be back in this space - I'm slowly but surely rediscovering the ARG/unficiton community while working to get the main site back up-and-running as a trusted publication.

In addition to my work on this site and some other personal projects, I recently defended my EdD dissertation with research on the development of meaningful online learning communities.

This forum will be in development over the next few months, but at the very least, I hope you stop by and say hello!

In closing, I have a cat named Pringle, pictured below.

🍻
Nick

IMG_3265.png

Hi! Nice to meet you. I go by Ardat or Lili Ardat. I discovered ARGs a few years back and decided to try my hand at making some. I've met some very smart and very creative people after taking one of my games (which used to be for friends only) and releasing it publicly. Over the past year I have been fortunate enough to become a writer for ARG Digest magazine and have learned a lot and been mightily impressed over the course of my coverage of the scene. I love that you are bringing this forum back and I hope it attracts plenty of creators and fans.

Hi! Nice to meet you. I go by Ardat or Lili Ardat. I discovered ARGs a few years back and decided to try my hand at making some. I've met some very smart and very creative people after taking one of my games (which used to be for friends only) and releasing it publicly. Over the past year I have been fortunate enough to become a writer for ARG Digest magazine and have learned a lot and been mightily impressed over the course of my coverage of the scene. I love that you are bringing this forum back and I hope it attracts plenty of creators and fans.
Very nice to meet you Ardat, and thanks for joining - I look forward to having a chance to read/interact with your work!!

hello!! I’m Elise, mostly known as mediocre/medi. I stumbled across ARGs in late 2019 and have been neck deep since. I’m mostly a participant, existing in a lot of spaces as an onlooker, but one day I hope to create something under the immersive umbrella.

I’m very excited to see the research on development of online communities! Community building/curating spaces is a big interest of mine; I’ve played Mod here and there, and generally love to watch a community form organically (happy accidents!).

Im stoked to be here and see the joy this brings to the unfiction community. They deserve it ❤️

Pringle for President
🐈‍⬛

hello!! I’m Elise, mostly known as mediocre/medi. I stumbled across ARGs in late 2019 and have been neck deep since. I’m mostly a participant, existing in a lot of spaces as an onlooker, but one day I hope to create something under the immersive umbrella.

I’m very excited to see the research on development of online communities! Community building/curating spaces is a big interest of mine; I’ve played Mod here and there, and generally love to watch a community form organically (happy accidents!).

Im stoked to be here and see the joy this brings to the unfiction community. They deserve it ❤️

Pringle for President
🐈‍⬛
Welcome aboard, Elise! 👋 Excited to have you here, and hopefully this space will be part of your journey from participant to creator!

The development of meaningful online spaces is something that's really important to me, even more so in recent years. I agree with you re: watching an organic community take shape. When participants of a community are able to help create shared meaning, symbols, and so on, it makes everyone's experience that much better.

Hi all, I'm Danielle. I've been a game dev for awhile and had seen a video or two about ARGs. I'd been interested in making a multi-player game, and tried to make one in Godot, but it just wasn't working right. At one point, though, I ended up seeing a couple of videos on Welcome Home, thought it looked pretty cool, and got inspired to make my own project.

I started working on my first project (Creature Collection) in March (from what I remember) of this year. More recently, though, I was inspired to start an additional project. It's called Hailey's Encounters and it's a blog style project.

I'm glad this site is available and am excited to advertise my projects.

Back