Welcome to the MovieViral Forum!

By registering, you'll be able to join the discussion and share your thoughts, discoveries, and more!

This space is still being developed and continued updates are expected. Please pardon any interruption.

Hi! I'm Alex Hera.

Alex Hera

Hi all! My name is Alex Hera. I'm an independent filmmaker - primarily a Writer/Director and Editor (& occasional DP). For the last 6 years, I've been making films primarily rooted in Unfiction & found footage, including multiple short films, a 100 episode ARG titled Walker Creek and two successful feature documentaries about the space. My most recent feature doc, The History of Analog Horror, has over 1 million views online and remains one of the few projects to interview multiple high profile Unfiction creators and begin archiving & exploring the history of the space. I'm a huge advocate for archiving internet history and I'm deeply interested in the immersive nature of Unfiction, the design process of ARG's, and the inner workings of internet communities & how they spread digital folklore. I discovered Marble Hornets in 2012 and fully immersed myself in the ARG community in the wake of the Steam Winter Sale ARG in 2015 - and I haven't looked back since. For the past year, I've been working on another documentary about an Unfiction community/genre, which will release next year. In the meantime, I'm incredibly excited for the MovieViral forums and their potential to fill the hole in our community left by the destruction of the Unfiction Forums in 2017. I'm always open to consulting on Unfiction projects and I hope to meet more members of the community here!

Back